1) West End: Looks like a new Italian/Mediterranean restaurant, Lazzari hopes to open on Congress Street, replacing Mesa Verde, this year. A liquor license application has been submitted; find a tentative menu on page 54 of this document. 618 Congress Street.
2) West End: The mysterious dumpling house from Cara Stadler now has a name: BaoBao Dumpling House. The chef's submitted a liquor license and tentative menu; find more here. 133 Spring Street.
3) Old Port: Signage is up at Hilltop Superette, coming soon to the old Colucci's space. 135 Congress Street.
4) Portland: Forthcoming pizzeria Slab will open in late May. Co-owner Stephen Lanzalotta, known for his Sicilian pizzas, catches up with Shift Drinks about his inspirations and drink of choice. 25 Preble Street.
· All The Plywood Report Coverage [-EME-]