The Plywood Report: Outliers
- Outliers owner Peter Verrill behind the bar. In the foreground is a sample of the barstools.
- The dining room banquette and wall sculpture created by Paul Lewin's Chicago design studio, Sagen.
- The wall behind the bar, made of MDF and custom-routed. At night LEDs above will give the appearance of ocean ripples.
- The concrete bar top was cast from a mold made from rough-sewn wood that was then sandblasted.
- The dining room banquette.
- The men's room, with walls made of roofing membrane and the "crazy ass payphone."
- Designer Paul Lewin holds up part of the men's room mirror.
- Peter Verrill hears the recording of the Hunter S. Thompson poem for the first time.
- The opulent ladies' room.
- The upstairs space, which may eventually be used for events.
- Windows in the upstairs space overlooking the bar.
- From left: designer Paul Lewin, Outliers owner Peter Verrill and designer Ryan Wither - friends since their UC Boulder days.