The tweets were flying on Saturday night as Portland's food media learned that the two finalists in Food Network's The Great Food Truck Race were on their way from Boston to the Old Port to film the season finale. The first to arrive was Nonna's Kitchenette - a trio of Jersey girls serving up meatballs and fried ravioli. Their competitor was Seoul Sausage, a truck from LA. The Portland Press Herald reports that local supporters of food trucks were especially excited about the timeliness of the surprise visit - a meeting on the issue is scheduled for Thursday evening at City Hall. The city temporarily lifted its ban on trucks for the filming.
· It's Sausage Vs. Meatballs [PPH]
· Great Food Truck Race: Photos, Interviews [PPH]
· Great Food Truck Race Comes To Portland [WGME13]
· The Great Food Truck Race & 'Sawwce' [Chubby Werewolf blog]
· Food Network Food Trucks Hit Portland [Edible Obsessions blog]